Upper SchoolDelaware Valley Friends Upper School program offers a robust college preparatory curriculum within a learning environment specifically designed for students with learning differences.
Our small class sizes, optional one-on-one tutorials, innovative teaching techniques grounded in the Orton-Gillingham approach and latest LD research, and use of state-of-the-art technologies to support different learning challenges help guide and support students successfully through this rigorous academic curriculum.
Select Graphic for More Info
Requirements for GraduationThe following courses are required for completion of the Upper School program, grades 9-12.
- 4 years of English
- 4 years of language arts
- 4 years of social studies (including American History)
- 3 years of mathematics
- 3 years of science
- 6 trimesters of arts electives
- 4 credits of physical education
- 1 ABLE elective (completion of 1 ABLE course prior to graduation; not 1 ABLE course per year)
- Senior internship
- Community service
- World Language (on elective basis)
- Health credit