Long Term Substitute: Upper School Science
Delaware Valley Friends School seeks outstanding candidates to serve as long-term substitutes in the area of Upper School Science. The Science Department anticipates two full-time position openings in 2019, the first beginning in mid-March and the second beginning in mid-April. Both long-term substitute positions will last until the end of the academic school year (June 12th). Candidates should be qualified to teach a range of science courses; middle-school general science teachers are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates will also have experience serving students from diverse backgrounds, with training in cultural awareness. Candidates with a knowledge base about the instruction of students with learning differences are also preferred. Candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Teach Science in the Upper School as a long-term substitute
- Act as an academic advisor
- Fulfill assigned duties
- A strong draw to serving an institution with the mission of Friends education
- An awareness of how complex factors impact the education of a student (social, cultural, racial, economic, emotional, learning differences, etc.)
- Interest in developing approaches for diverse learning needs
- High degree of emotional intelligence, flexibility, and strong relational and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Applicants should supply the following materials:
Please send letters of intent and resumes to Long-Term Substitute Science Teacher Search, c/o Judy Sheridan, Assistant to the Head, email@example.com. No phone calls or other emails, please. Applicant review will commence immediately, and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled, with the intent of completing the search March 2019. DVFS offers a competitive compensation package.