Digital Marketing Manager & Admissions Associate
Delaware Valley Friends School seeks outstanding candidates for the position of Digital Marketing Manager & Admissions Associate, open immediately. The Digital Marketing Manager & Admissions Associate plays integral roles in both the Marketing and Communications and the Admissions Departments. They are responsible for the implementation of the school’s digital marketing and communications strategies; identifying, developing and actualizing inbound and outbound content through the school website, email, social media channels, and other digital platforms; to promote engagement and increase awareness, and support the marketing, admissions and development goals of the school. She or he engages directly with current and prospective community members, supporting the director and associate director of admission in shepherding prospective families through the admissions process.
Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader educating bright students (grades 3-12) with reading, writing, and other learning differences. Students receive a comprehensive, research-based, college preparatory curriculum, individualized instruction, cutting-edge assistive technologies, and successful college placement, with an emphasis on metacognition and self-advocacy within a community based on Quaker values. DVFS is the only school program in PA, DE, and NJ accredited by both the International Dyslexia Association (IDA) and the International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council (IMSLEC) - the leaders in multisensory structured language instruction.
Delaware Valley Friends School values the strength inherent in a diverse community. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, age, disability or marital status in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs, or in hiring, use of volunteers or board membership. Instead, DVFS actively seeks to enhance its community through admissions and hiring practices that encourage a diverse candidate pool.
Established in 1986, the school attracts students from across the region. Located on the Philadelphia Main Line, in Paoli, Pennsylvania, the school is 45 minutes by train from Center City.
Oversight and responsibilities:
Digital Marketing Management
- Social Media Manager: Manages all admissions-related social media channels; develop original content for social media; curates content from internal and external sources; evaluates and develops the school’s presence on new platforms as they become relevant.
- Website and Blog Administration: Designs and manages web pages to support admissions-driven strategies; constituent management, calendar, forms, and other back-end functionality; develops and leverages web copy; communicates with web developers, internal IT, and vendors; coordinates with marketing director to address SEO and data-driven strategies
- News/Communications Outreach: Schedules, designs and publishes communications to various constituent groups
- Maintains marketing photo archive for use in all relevant media
- Supports marketing in developing other content as needed that reinforces and projects the school’s messaging for internal and external audiences
- Conducts admissions tours
- Participates in the development of admissions materials and lead nurturing campaigns and manages the inventory
- Represents the school at community and professional outreach events
- Assists with new student onboarding and completion of required materials
- Participates in answering admissions calls and online inquiries
- Coordinates the applicant visit day and collect faculty feedback on visitors
- Coordinates admissions events such as Information Sessions, Tour Tuesdays, and New Parent Orientations
- Communicates with families about missing application items
- Assists in scheduling the director and associate director for parent and student interviews, return inquiry calls, and individual tours
- Engages in ongoing professional development relevant to the position
- Attends required events as referenced in the Faculty & Staff Handbook
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Head of School
- Supports the School and its mission, maintaining a high degree of professionalism at all times
- Bachelor's degree plus at least 3 years of marketing, admissions or related experience, preferably in an educational setting
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, interact easily with various constituencies, and to manage several ongoing areas of responsibility at once
- Experience managing social media accounts, including strategies to promote content, and ability to train others in the use of digital media and web tools
- Experience in website administration and content management systems; Basic HTML proficiency preferred
- Highly proficient in using: Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, iMovie or Adobe Premiere, Canva, G Suite (Google docs, email, sheets, etc), and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of SEO strategies and implementation
- Familiarity with and appreciation for students who learn differently
- Familiarity with and appreciation for Quaker principles
- Experience in a private school environment is a plus
Applicants should supply the following materials:
Please send letters of intent and resumes to Digital Marketing Manager & Admissions Associate, c/o Judy Sheridan, Assistant to the Head, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or other emails, please. Applicant review will commence immediately, and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. DVFS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.