You have 1 PagePop. View
What does a typical day in the Upper School at Delaware Valley Friends look like?
The DVFS Schedule is designed to meet the needs of our students and the ways in which they learn.
Hallmarks of our schedule include:
- longer classes supporting deeper learning
- a schedule that "cascades" so that class meeting times vary allowing students to maximize their "best" learning times across their courses
- fewer daily classes and fewer transitions between activities, resulting in a less fragmented and frenetic day for students
- daily extended advisory and executive function support to allow for individualized academic help and time for explicit instruction in EF skills
- trimesters allow for greater opportunities for experiencing elective courses
- daily community time for snack, clubs, student socialization and other school activities
- Match-points across all three divisional schedules create opportunities for all school events and service projects