Technology Software @DVFS
Students are exposed to standard features in mainstream software products, but go beyond the basics to maximize all of the assistive technology features built into these products:
- Evernote audio recording
- Keynote animation
- Voicethread - audio and video feedback
- Acrobat and QuickTime audio playback
- Inspiration visual organization of ideas and concepts
- Google Apps for Education
Specialized assistive software applications designed to accommodate specific learning differences are also an important aspect of the technology at DVFS, including:
- Quizlet (digital flash cards)
- Dragon Dictate (speech to text)
- Learning Ally Readers (audio text books)
As part of our Arts program, DVFS offers access to the latest software applications for digital photography, graphic arts, animation and music composition.
We intentionally integrate mainstream and assistive technology throughout the student's learning experience.