Delaware Valley Friends School develops a written, individualized learning profile for each student
based on information gathered during the admissions process, including:
The focus of the DVFS learning profile is to:
- Psycho-educational testing
- Student and parent interviews
- School records, including any IEPs
- DVFS placement tests in reading and math
Learning Profiles are dynamic
- Highlight each student’s individual strengths and weaknesses – including diagnostic information about their learning disabilities or differences as well as aptitudes and special abilities
- List classroom strategies and techniques that may be particularly effective for each student
- Document any accommodations and assistive technology that the student needs to be successful – such as more time on tests or use of a laptop, ipod, or dictation software in class.
Throughout his or her career at DVFS and beyond, a student’s learning profile becomes a powerful tool for empowering them as learners and self-advocates.